Sunday, November 16, 2008

Valley Children's Hospital


Below is a letter from a staff member at Valley Children's Hospital. She sent it to me via email the day I dropped off the two baby scrapbooks:

Hello Heather,
We received the lovely scrapbooks for families at Children's Hospital
today. Families with a dying newborn babies lose the future with their
child. The only memories they will have are those at the hospital during
the precious hours to days before the baby dies. These times are so
tragic and sad that any joy in these moments is often eluded. How
wonderful for these families to have a scrapbook in which they can look
back and have something beautiful to remember their baby. Thank you for
your thoughtful blessing. Marie


pic by eleda 1

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a scrapper in the Philadelphia area and I was wondering how I can help to scrap for families with terminally ill children. Can you use some help? Do you know of any organizations I can contact/or how to get started? Thanks.

Karen

kfluharty@hotmail.com